doe at 142 in labor

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sixshooterfarm, Mar 9, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    I have a doe who is due on the 12th, that will be her 145, well she is on mild labor and I know she will kid tomarrow, I have had this doe for 4 kiddings and I know what she does every single time. Are these babies going to be developed enough? like their lung development? I am so worried, anything I can do??? thanks

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I don't know, but I would call the vet. I am :pray: for you! I hope all goes well and that you have happy, bouncing, healthy kids.

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I have no idea. I'll pray for you, the doe and the babies.

4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Day 142 will be fine don't worry. I had a doe kid 142 days from the time I bought my buck and put him with the does. I wasnt ready but she was and the kid was fine. The norm is 145 and as long as they are not more than 10 days early the outlook is great.

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    They should be fine. The more there are the weaker or more behind they may seem but they should be fine.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Tilly was on day 142 and delivered very healthy triplets, they are doing well too!

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They say 141 is the mark for having healthy babies vs preemie babies, so she should be ok :)

8. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Ok well she hasent kidded yet.... thats ok, I can wait I would rather wait an have nice strong babies than kid early and have weak or possibly dead babies. I have been checking on her and she dosent seem to be doing anything now so I think we have a few more days to go. whew, I thought we were going to have problems, made me worry