The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doe who is due on the 12th, that will be her 145, well she is on mild labor and I know she will kid tomarrow, I have had this doe for 4 kiddings and I know what she does every single time. Are these babies going to be developed enough? like their lung development? I am so worried, anything I can do??? thanks

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Day 142 will be fine don't worry. I had a doe kid 142 days from the time I bought my buck and put him with the does. I wasnt ready but she was and the kid was fine. The norm is 145 and as long as they are not more than 10 days early the outlook is great.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
They should be fine. The more there are the weaker or more behind they may seem but they should be fine.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok well she hasent kidded yet.... thats ok, I can wait I would rather wait an have nice strong babies than kid early and have weak or possibly dead babies. I have been checking on her and she dosent seem to be doing anything now so I think we have a few more days to go. whew, I thought we were going to have problems, made me worry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts