Doe bagging up question??

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by heathersboers, Oct 24, 2008.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    OK- here goes- this is very wierd and has me puzzled- I have this doe named Strawberry- She is a 3 year old and had kids weaned off of her in June of this year-I purchased her in July 12th and her milk is still dropped-It isn't full but it is the same as when I bought her, about halfway filled. I saw her get bred by Wildman July 30th-so she'd be due late Dec. does anyone know what in the world is going on??
    [​IMG]

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have a doe that bags up really early also. Now it is not a full bag at all, just enough to tell me that she for sure is pregnant.

Is there any way that she could of been bred before you got her? Did you see her get bred July 30th, did she hunch up after it was all over with?

My girl that bagged up early just LOVED being a mom, so I think she was also anticipating having those babies.

3. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    yes I saw her hunch up- but wildman breeds everything!!! She ran with a buck before,so I was told, but when I went to get her,there was no buck there-So I don't know for sure-Here is a more recent pic of her-about 3 weeks old though-her belly is getting bigger, but the milk is staying about the same.
    [​IMG]

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I have a doe that I bought and she is due in Dec/Jan. as well her udder is that big if not bigger.