Doe bleeding and it's 2 weeks till her due date.. help!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by JessaLynn, Mar 10, 2011.

1. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    My doe isn't due to kid for another 2 weeks and today I noticed alittle blood on her pooch.It's to early and I am certain of her breeding date.What's going on? She doesn't act different and eating fine.I'm freaken! Never had anything like this happen before :GAAH:

2. Springbett Farm

Springbett Farm Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Nebraska
    No help here. Sorry. I'm having the same issue here and I'm hoping someone will shed some light on your situation. :shrug: My doe has 2 and a half weeks, a little bloody goo and she's acting completely normal. Best wishes for you and your gal.

3. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    I have never had this issue with my girls, but if it is very little and they are behaving normally (and you can still feel kid movement) I don't think you need to worry a bunch. At least I know with horses they can have some blood spotting in the last month due to small capillaries rupturing due to the pressures of the fetus on all the lady parts.

4. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thank you I'm hoping that's all it is.She is really wide.It was just spotting and she's still acting alright.I moved her in the kidding pen and have the barn camera on and keeping a close eye on her.She wont let me feel her belly for movement unless I wrestle her to the ground.Ever since she became pregnant she doesn't want anyone touching her.I don't blame her lol Hopefully she can hold out for atleast another week and half that would put her around 145days

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    as long as its not a fowl odor I have to agree with firelight

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I too agree... :hug:

7. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    She hasn't bled at all today and everything has been normal otherwise.My goodness she gave me a scare! Prayen everything is alright :pray: All these sad stories about kids and does dieing and then I start experienceing the slightlest problem I freaked out and dread the worst.Still on pins and needles and can't wait for kidding time to be over :GAAH: I've got 4 to kid this year and only 1 I know her quirks.The other 3 are newer.This doe I was told had one big baby last time and got stuck so I'm nervous.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hang in there.... Try not to worry prior....I know... it is easier said than done...but ..the time to worry is... if a problem arises... it is less stressful that way.... birthing is a beautiful thing........ happy thoughts are better than worry....think of healthy beautiful babies being born and momma is healthy too... that way...it is better for you as well.... :hug: :thumb: