Doe bleeding from vulva

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Chloe1233, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Chloe1233

Chloe1233 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2017
    I just went out to milk and my 6yr old ND dwarf doe is showing signs of being in heat and is bleeding from her vulva. She was due to come into heat any day now but I don’t understand why the blood is there.
    She was last in heat 10/5/20 but to my knowledge wasn’t bred. She was supposed to be bred to my buck that just passed away last week but he wouldn’t breed her. I did have my older buck jump the fence 2 days prior to her coming into heat but when I found him he was no where near her and there was no discharge on her tail or vulva.
    The only thing that has changed was I brought my older buck and put him with my other buck who’s recovering from anemia and pneumonia. They are staying in what use to be my kidding pen which is located in my doe barn. D8B4A2EA-F37B-4DA8-A575-FCBED4240538.jpeg

2. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    I'm thinking one of the bucks was successful but she is aborting. Im sorry..there is nothing you can do to stop it but supportive care. B complex and keep watch.

3. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Agreed, unless you see a cut or injury somewhere.

4. Chloe1233

Chloe1233 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2017
    I looked and couldn’t find any cuts. Would it be random for her to abort right as she should be coming into heat? And is it normal for a doe to bleed that much at only 3 weeks bred?
    She is still acting like she is in heat and is staying right next to the pen the bucks are in but neither are showing any interest in her. If she is aborting when should I start watching for her to come into heat again?

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  5. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    I agree that seems like alot of blood for 3 weeks in..unless there is a chance she bred earlier.? Goats can be so sneaky. Aborting can bring on raging heat cycle. I would let her rest at least 6 weeks before breeding again or at least skip one heat cycle not including how she acts right now

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Blood happens with aborting, sometimes, it is just a little and other times it can be more. Depends ion the doe.

I would at least skip her next heat cycle or so and not breed her then.
    She needs time to clean out and to be able to watch for any infection.