The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 1/2 month old pygmy doe that is swollen and bleeding on her vulva there is only does in the pen with her I have a buck in the pen next to them but don't think he could have bred her thru the fence so could it just mayby be she is in heat ?

Attachments

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Pic

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see any cuts and her tail is all messy with the blood from it it's fresh red it wasnt dripping from it while i was out there and its not old looking I just noticed it today I usually pay close attention to them and play with them everyday but yesterday was the only day I Diddnt so it could have been there I Diddnt notice when feeding them yesterday It's only her and her twin sister a 4 mo old and two 7 mo old does in the pen they do butt each other but I haven't noticed it being hurtful to them

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Her temp is 101.5 and no bleeding today just swollen is that a normal temp for a goat?

Attachments

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's what I'm afraid of it appears my other young does are in heat as well now I don't have another place to move him right now so gonna have to put something between their fences to prevent it from happening to the others ;-(

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok thanks I will check into it !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.