The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that my girl is having a hard time urinating. When she tries nothing comes out and you can tell she’s kind of in distress. She acts fine other than that (eating and drinking normally). I’ve mixed apple cider vinegar with her water and have kept an eye on her to make sure she is drinking. I noticed this afternoon she’s kind of oozing from behind. Is this a blockage? I originally thought a UTI but I’m not so sure.

·
Super Moderator
32,281 Posts
She maybe in heat. They can behave like trying to pee, but let's see if she's dehydrated by lifting a tent of skin and let it pop back in place. If it's slow then she needs fluids. Let's also get her temp to rule out infection. 101.5-103-5 is normal range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She maybe in heat. They can behave like trying to pee, but let's see if she's dehydrated by lifting a tent of skin and let it pop back in place. If it's slow then she needs fluids. Let's also get her temp to rule out infection. 101.5-103-5 is normal range.
I just checked and it doesn’t appear that’s she’s dehydrated. Would she still be in heat even if there aren’t any bucks around? I’m new to goats, still trying to learn everything. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked and it doesn’t appear that’s she’s dehydrated. Would she still be in heat even if there aren’t any bucks around? I’m new to goats, still trying to learn everything. Thank you!
she also screams constantly. She’s very vocal anyway but not like that. The screaming has only went on one day

·
Super Moderator
32,281 Posts
Definitely sounds like heat. They get mouthy, wagging tail, goopy rear...frequent urinating or trying to

·
Super Moderator
32,281 Posts
No buck is needed for her heat to come as mentioned. Good news is when you do decide to breed her you will definitely know she's ready for a buck 😉

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like she’s in heat. How old is she? Yes, just like humans, does cycle every 21-28 days. Some does scream and act like the worlds ending if they don’t get a boyfriend lol. Usually it goes away or at least quiets down as they get older.
shes a little over a year old so that makes perfect sense! Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
32,281 Posts
Youre welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts