Doe coming into heat standing for buck but coming into heat again

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Noisy Bottle Babies, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Noisy Bottle Babies

Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    We have a doe that keeps getting bred over and over again by bucks and we keep seeing her get bred but she isn’t taking she keeps coming into heats about 9 days after getting bred she’s going to be 2 in April and she’s already been bred by 3 bucks not taking to either one

MadHouse likes this.
  2. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    I do not know a lot about this but look up cystic does. Have you seen her hunch when the buck did the deeds? When i have seen people asking about does not settling... the frequent quick cycling is almost always in the picture when people start talking about them being cystic and trying that protocol. Does she get a good loose mineral, copper as needed, BoSe, not overweight.....

MadHouse likes this.

3. Noisy Bottle Babies

Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    she’s perfectly fine health wise like I’d even say a bit of a chunk but not too much, every time a buck got her she would hunch and they would thrust

MadHouse likes this.
  4. daisymay

daisymay Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2017
    oregon
    My second doe I ever bought was like that. Tried for two seasons then sold as a pet. Vet here said they wouldn’t treat for cystic as they didn’t have enough experience. But she could of been sterile too. I tried the antibiotic flush with no change. She cycled normally though.

MadHouse likes this.
  5. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    It would be a good idea to contact your vet and see what course of action they would take with a cystic doe, since there are different types.

Someone here might be able to share their protocol, too.

6. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Sounds like cystic ovaries. Being a little chunk can be an issue as well. Hormones are a funny thing. Many give 2 shots of cystorelin..1 shot as soon as you see her take with the buck and the second 24 hours later. Im betting there is a thread on here about this. I beleive Little Bits shares ? Bit if you do a search on here..you will find it.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A vet is needed to try to help her regulate.

8. AndersonRanch

AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Yep that’s what I did with mine. It took two treatments that year and finally got her to settle. The next year though she pulled the same crap. Since the bottle was $60 and Didn’t have a super long shelf life I filled her instead of taking the chance of having to buy a bottle a year to get her to settle.
    But she was also short cycling, it’s been awhile but I want to say it was every 2 weeks she was cycling. Since I don’t really have a goat vet I had to do my own looking into the issue and short cycling is usually caused by being cystic