The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all
I am new to this forum. I have two delightful goats Pinky and Poppins. AKA "goaty goaty's" to which they answer from miles away. They are Anglo Nubians that I have had for about 2 years since they were bottle fed kids. Always planned to milk Poppins who is registered from a highly bred milking line with a view to making goats cheese but haven't got around to it yet:) just love em to bits. Never had contact with a Billy however Poppins developed a very heavy precocious udder last summer ... hope that doesn't happen again :( anyway my question is not about that. It is about Poppins disgusting habit of drinking Pinky's urine. Laps it up with great delight. eeehewwww! I guess she is a very hormonal girl and wonder if that might be why. There is plenty of clean water on hand and I know Billy's have nasty pee habits but can't seem to find anything else on the internet about a doe drinking others urine. Not keen on receiving her kisses anymore!:laugh:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I was wondering about it too. My first freshener Alpine doe tried to drink her kid's pee the first few weeks, now she hasn't been doing it since they are older.

·
Super Moderator
59,804 Posts
Drinking the kids pee is actually protecting them. If they drink it, it doesn't hit the ground and the kids scent is not left. Alpaca moms will sometimes do that too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts