The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doe that has been battling a cough since October appears to have Pneumonia today, she is due in 3 days to kid. I am giving Nuflor, but shes breathing very quick and heavy, temp 104 is banamine or dex the drug of choice here and either over the other better for the kids on board? Dosages please? THANKS.

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK now I'm confused... I am finding some said 3cc/100# and some 6cc/100# Nuflor.
I hope thats ok, I'd written on the box 6cc/100 and that is what I gave to her. What is the actual dose? Even the pkg insert says both, which must be why there is conflicting dosages given.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
If you read the label again it says 6cc/100# as a single injection, meaning you only give it once. Keep in mind this is a cattle drug NOT a goat. Yes it is very much used for goats but things like the one dose your not really going to want to do because goats process drugs differently. So you gave her the 6/100 IMO that’s fine, tomorrow go with the 3cc and keeping giving the 3cc each day. I personally usually double up the dose on the first day which was a vets advise that we used years ago

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH good. I'll write that down! Thank-you both. I'm so mentally tired of deciding, treating and dosing right now. This doe has had something going on all winter, we had kids born to another doe two days ago, I found lice, a horse has a leg infection thats being wrapped, treated etc and my dog decided she'd wrench an ankle and start limping too so right now my brain cannot remember what Vitamin C is used for!

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
I agree, 6 cc per 100 lbs the first dose if she is really ill.
Then, the next time is 3 cc per 100 lbs. SQ
1 x a day, for 5-7 days depending.

If though, I catch it early enough, I do the 3 cc per 100 lbs, EOD, 3 x. It has worked that way too.

Banamine can be given.
Dex may abort her.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Doe that has been battling a cough since October appears to have Pneumonia today, she is due in 3 days to kid. I am giving Nuflor, but shes breathing very quick and heavy, temp 104 is banamine or dex the drug of choice here and either over the other better for the kids on board? Dosages please? THANKS.
Banamine is what the vet gave me for it. He did the loader of six cc then i did three cc twice a day for two days, then once a day for two then every other twice. But my doe had a crazy high fever for four days like 105.5-107. The banamine would oonly bring hers down for an hour or so. So that may have been why so often for her. He also did nuflor and i repeated that. And excede that was repeated once as well. And uhhhh i think the other was a cillan too three a day for five days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts