Doe due some time in April - 4/21 - kidded triplets, 2B 1D

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kids-n-peeps, Mar 16, 2010.

1. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    Tinkerbelle has kidded once before - a single about three years ago with her previous owner. She is a pygmy/nigi mix. When bred to my buck, I DID record the date, but then threw away my 2009 calendar . . . forgetting to record her breed date. I really am not totally positive, but I was thinking she was about 106 days bred as of this post.

Take a look at these udder pics from this afternoon and let me know if this seems about normal or if I need to be prepared for earlier.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Do you think the due date is correct?

udder looks about the size of my doe who is due the week of easter. She is on day 128 today

So I would presume your doe might be a bit further along then just 106 days

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I agree... she could have 1 month and a 1/2 ...to a month to go... with her udder filling... :wink:
    When did you 1st see the udder beginning?

4. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia

If she is 106 days today she would be on day 145 on April 23rd. I was just surprised to see a noticeable udder on her . . . but to answer your question, though, I'd say I began noticing the udder beginning to develop at least 2 weeks ago.

I guess I should start reading up on how to and when to start checking ligaments as that may help me determine more clearly where she is.

I appreciate people sharing their thoughts/guesses on this one. You better believe I won't throw away a planner so quickly in the future :)

5. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA

Wow..that's pretty impressive. Jackie-o is not bagging yet-her due date should be May 5...

6. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia

Here's another udder shot from today.

I know there's no sure way of telling, but based on the experience some of you have, for a pygmy/nigi mix, is this looking like the udder of a doe that could deliver within a week or does the approx. due date of April 23rd/Day 145 (from my bad memory) seem more feasible. Again, she was with the buck 18-21 days earlier which if she took then would put her around April 5th for Day 145.[attachment=1:h049px2b]tbelle April 1.jpg[/attachment:h049px2b]

7. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia

Here's another - a bit fuzzy and bright . . . sorry

8. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Re: Do you think the due date is correct? PICS ADDED APRIL

My experience is limited but I would guess the earlier date. She looks pretty full especially in that last picture... she is bigger than all of my Nigi does who are due mid-April (but then again they are FF so that's partly to be expected.)
    When you touch the udder does it feel tight and full kind of like a drum, or is there still loose skin you can grab? Is it starting to look a little shiny to you? If it's tight and shiny and feels pretty stretched out I think you're getting close!!

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

again she looks on target for my does who are due this weekend.

I would go with the April 5th due date for her. If seh passes it then you know seh is going to go later, but really I think she will go soon

10. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia

Thanks for the opinions - this will be the first doe I've ever had kid and I'd really like to be around when it happens. For my sanity, I hope her due date is sooner rather than later, but very true that if she passes the first week of April, I can relax . . . well for about two weeks anyway :p

Her udder is definitely tighter than it was, but I'm sure it could be tighter. It's not shaved, so it's hard for me to tell if it's shiny. She has been laying around more and standing around more than usual, has had some discharge, but nothing stringing out. She's making quiet little noises quite a bit. Compared to my other does, her tail head area is quite different feeling, but what I believe to be the ligaments still feel firm to me, not mushy. It's definitely a learning experience for me and I'm just praying that all goes well!

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yup the area aroudn the tail head will feel mushy and different but the ligs can still be there - thats what my girls feel like right now who are on day 144-143-139

12. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia

Thanks for explaining that to me. I'm cautiously excited that it will be sooner rather than later, but either way I am actually having fun trying to decipher the signs that delivery is approaching . . . and then whenever it does come I'll be a clueless nervous wreck :doh:

13. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA

Calm down goatie mommy...those babies are coming soon...the pics are a definite change from the last ones...you're going to have grand goats soon! hehe...

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I agree with Stacey...

It will be OK ... it is perfectly normal to be nervous.... we all go through it... with each and every doe.... :wink: :hug:

15. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    My doe due some timein April . . . UPDATED APRIL 9

I'm back with another picture. Yep, I'm a nut :leap: I didn't expect her udder to get much bigger than it was as of the previously posted pic, but I do believe it has. I actually think I see a difference between Wednesday and today - Friday. So crossing my fingers and toes that she might go this weekend when we'll all be around :ponder:

pic from Wednesday:[attachment=3:gsd2hws7]tbelle 04072010.JPG[/attachment:gsd2hws7]

pics from this afternoon (Friday):[attachment=2:gsd2hws7]tbelle udder 409.jpg[/attachment:gsd2hws7][attachment=1:gsd2hws7]tbelle 409.jpg[/attachment:gsd2hws7][attachment=0:gsd2hws7]tbelle udder 2 on 409.jpg[/attachment:gsd2hws7]

Attached Files:

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: Doe due some time in April - Updated!

WOW quite impressive. I am going to guess this weekend. :cool:

17. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

Nice udder on that girl -- looks like kids very soon!!

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Yep ...definitely has a nice udder going on..... :wink: :greengrin:

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

nice udder growing there :)

yah this weekend wouldnt be a bad guess

20. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia

I'm beginning to accept that there's no telling when she'll go since I lost the breeding date :hair: . It's actually getting sort of funny - I seriously expect to walk out there each morning and see a baby, but obviously that hasn't happened :wink: . I also keep walking out there to check her ligaments, but they still feel hard to me, but perhaps not as "thick" if that makes any sense. Then I feel her another time and they feel more substantial again. I'm probably not even feeling her ligaments, lol.