Doe got stuck in fence

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Sep 21, 2010.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

So we had some fencing up that got torn to peices and we were planning to take it down when I got home which was a few days ago.

One of my does was playing with it and ending up getting her leg stuck in it, she freaked out and thrashed around lot. She got it out with our help but now she has been limping bad, at first she wouldnt put any pressure and wouldnt run. Now she puts some pressure and comes running for feeding time.

Its not swollen or hot and it didnt feel broken, is there anything I can do to help her?

Of course the fencing is taken down now and no one else can get hurt

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    since she is already healing on her own she probably jsut sprained it-- just give her more time seh will be good

3. goatboat

goatboat New Member

My billy was out with our donkey, clydesdale, both of our pyrs, and 2 calves and got a sore leg somehow. I don't know how, but because so many were with him anything could have happened.

He would not put any weight on it for a while, but now is fine. In my opinion, goats seem to show their pain more then other livestock (or milk their injuries for the added attention of course!)

We pampered the crap out of him, so I hold that responsible for why it took so long for his leg to get better. He's already a spoiled rotten buck anyway :laugh:

4. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :ROFL: My goats do the same thing. Murray has always hated the rain and has trouble in the past with hoof rot. A few days ago it rained and the ground was muddy. I was walking to the truck and he and the gang are standing on the hill. (Murray is standing on all four feet) Murray see's me and all of a sudden he holds up his left front leg. As long as I stand watching him, his leg dangles in the air. I turn my back to get in the truck, he puts it down. Hubby asking what's wrong with Murray? I laugh and just say, he wants jelly beans. Rotten goat. :laugh:

Gina

5. TinyHoovesRanch

Shes still limping lol. She gets around fine but she always limps and wont put weight on her foot. We checked the leg and its totally fine, I can touch it and squeeze it and she doesnt care. Crazy goat lol

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL: Mine do that to..... :greengrin:

Give her some time... she should be OK.... :wink: :thumb:

7. TinyHoovesRanch

Shes a pet anyway, shes not gonna get bred again. She can just be our limping pet goat lol.

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    HeHe..... she may not have a limp later though....so I guess... she will be a non limping pet goat.... :wink: :thumb: :greengrin: :laugh:

9. TinyHoovesRanch

Little stinker lol. I would breed her, I just worry haha. Maybe she is faking it cause she doesnt want to be bred again hha

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL..... yep.... she is probably faking it..... goats are very smart.... :laugh: :greengrin: