The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently lost one of my to wethers. I needed to replace him quickly because my remaining wether was mourning the loss terribly. I picked up a beautiful little Nigerian Doe. She kidded in march of this year. I've had her for 5 days now and my wether has done a full turn around. Happy again. The question I have is the doe has been tormenting him all morning, just will NOT leave him alone. If he is laying done she backs right up to him!!! Is she in heat already??

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
He is also a Nigerian but on the larger size for his breed and 13 years old and kinda set in his ways. It's a little funny to watch how aggravated he is getting every time he goes to lay down she harasses him.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
She very well could be in heat, because your boy is advanced in age and never been around a doe before, he won't know why she's acting this way.
Heat cycles run every 18-21 days and last for 2 days, some does will come back into heat 5-7 days after the initial signs so you'll want to take note and count ahead on a calender so you'll know when to expect the behavior again.
It does sound as though they both have settled in with each other, give it a day or so and see if her behavior changes. And don't be alarmed if she tries to mount him or vice versa... totally normal :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts