The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
58,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First we have Millie, the Alpine/Nubian mix who is in milk. She has been in milk since March 2012 and is currently giving us 3/4 gallon per day. She is up to date on shots and worming. She is negative for CAE and CL. She is unregistered. She is solid chocolate brown. $200

Second we have a dual registered (ADGA & AGS) Nigerian Dwarf doeling, Ketzia. She was born 11/5/12 and is up to date on everything. She is out of Buttin'Heads Satin Shamise and Helmstead Minis P Bell'uomo (see her pedigree on ADGA if you are a member). Ketzia is black with some white, disbudded. She is nice long and level and should do well in the show ring. $250

Attachments

·
Hooked on Goat Milk!
149 Posts
2 of my 3 does were herd queens (and at one other point rivals) but at least they're about the same size... Are you anywhere near Danville?

·
Super Moderator
58,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Cardington. Mapquest says it is about 39 miles and 55 minutes to Danville.

·
Hooked on Goat Milk!
149 Posts
I'm up by Kent, but I have to meet up with my sister from CBus (I'm taking the chicks they hatched in the classroom this year) we often meet at my parents farm, but it looks like we could meet at the Mt. Gilead exit which is near to you... I'll PM you when I've come up with a viable explanation for my husband...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Oh Ketzia's beautiful! Makes me wish I was moving to Ohio...I hate seeing all these ND sale ads...I'm going to drive my parents crazy with this goat fever!

·
Super Moderator
58,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm up by Kent, but I have to meet up with my sister from CBus (I'm taking the chicks they hatched in the classroom this year) we often meet at my parents farm, but it looks like we could meet at the Mt. Gilead exit which is near to you... I'll PM you when I've come up with a viable explanation for my husband...
Sounds good!

Oh Ketzia's beautiful! Makes me wish I was moving to Ohio...I hate seeing all these ND sale ads...I'm going to drive my parents crazy with this goat fever!
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
58,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Milker is sold.

Black and white doeling is still available.

Ketzia (black & white doeling) should be a good milker like her mama. Shamise has large teats with large orifices that make it extremely easy to milk her and she usually passes that on to her kids. She will also be ready to breed this fall since she was born last November and she is really growing well.

·
Hooked on Goat Milk!
149 Posts
Two of my NDG are half sisters and look similar, the third has less white but otherwise the same color scheme- of course the Alpine/Nubian in liver, sticks out a bit... Today our neighbors were checking out or chicken tractor (in our side yard) and said, "do you have a new goat?" all four were lined up by the gate... I said "nope just the same two we've always had!" Them "..." Me "I promised my husband I wouldn't get hooked on goats" my husband "she made me caramel sauce out of goats milk!" Them "..." Me "we've taken 'denial' and made it a cornerstone of our marriage!"

I don't think they'll stop to chat again any time soon!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts