The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
ADGA Nigerian Dwarf Goats
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I am new to the milking thing. The ND doe that I am milking immediately lays down on the milking stand. I have been putting a small bucket underneath her so she can't lay down and milking her that way. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to not do that? I have another doe that does the same thing..and freaks out when we touch her udder. Both does were 2 when we purchased them and they are also FF.

1,524 Posts
I have a plastic mixing spoon that I set up under any does that lay down on the stand. Once the handle end of the spoon pokes them in the belly, they will stand up. It has a rounded end, so there is no danger of being impaled and it will bend a bit of they put all their weight on it, but they don't like the pressure and will pop back up to a full stand when they feel it on their belly.

· Registered
7,663 Posts
I have a plastic mixing spoon that I set up under any does that lay down on the stand. Once the handle end of the spoon pokes them in the belly, they will stand up. It has a rounded end, so there is no danger of being impaled and it will bend a bit of they put all their weight on it, but they don't like the pressure and will pop back up to a full stand when they feel it on their belly.
I think I might try that... I don't have much trouble now, but I will keep this in mind for the future..:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.