Doe Miscarried~ Need Help

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Iwantgoats, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri
    I had a FF miscarry a baby yesterday around 4pm. It looked to be around 3months (buck). She is eating, drinking and seems normal other than she has not passed the placenta yet. It is hanging out. Do I just watch her? Give a shot of Oxy?

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Check her to see if her cervix is still open. If it is then give her oxy. If it's not open you will need to take her to the vet.

Is it possible she still has more kids in there? When checking to see if her cervix is still open check for kids also.

Sorry for your loss :( :hug:

3. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri
    It seems to have come out alittle further. Gonna check for more kids when my son gets home so he can hold her. If I give oxytocin, how much? She weighs about 40-50lbs. I called my vet but of course she was clueless as to how much to give so gonna contact another.

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Give 1cc, if that doesn't work within 30 mins to an hour then give her another cc. If that doesn't work she may need to be flushed and that is something I've never done so you would need to talk to your vet about it.

Please make sure her cervix is still open before giving the Oxy, otherwise you can rupture their uterus and they will die.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with everything said.... :thumb:

I am so sorry... for your loss..... :( :hug: