The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our older doe hasn't been acting just right the last few days. All of a sudden she is a little more clingy to me, somewhat aggressive to the little does of they get around her. Today I noticed her just standing with her face I'm the corner. I gave her some B-12 2 days ago but I don't think she got all of it cause some came out. Does any of this sound funny to them?

Attachments

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Have you noticed her walking in circles? When she is standing in the corner, does her head actually touch the wall and is she pressing her head into the wall? Both of the above are symptoms of Listeriosis.

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
I agree with all that is said...so many things can be going on..

Check for fever 101.5-103.5 is normal range
Check her lower inner eye lids...should be bright pink to red per Famancha chart on this link: http://goat-link.com/content/view/110/107/#.UhVaI2SDQxc
Pooping berries? peeing? Eating and drinking well??

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
Hows your doe doing?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to leave everyone hanging...yesterday she seemed better except for being hot. I notice her breathing a little hard but so were my others. I think part of her problem is she is overweight. I am sorry it took so long to respond back, i depend so much on you all for help. I couldnt have my babies with out you

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
I agree, get a fecal on her for cocci and worms.

Get a temp on her in case. Do it in the morning and evening, when it cools down to be sure, make sure, she wasn't out in the sun or running.

She doesn't appear over weight from the pics.

I know the heat can be hard on them, but, when healthy, they continue to eat and do things. My goats will be out in 110+ weather, grazing and laying in the sun. When they get overly hot( panting) they will get in the shade, then pretty soon,they are back out grazing. I am concerned about your Doe.

If her temp is normal, give Probiotics and fortified vit B complex shot US 6cc's all for 3 days minimum.

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
Im with Pam...better safe then sorry...a temp will help you know if there is infection ..ruleing out fever, worm load, anemia is a good start...
Best wishes

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont have the Thiamine but i do have the B-12(5000) and B Complex. I also have Jumpstart and Probios. My husband is picking up a themometer. What is a high or good temp?

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
Temp should be between 101.5 and 103.5

B complex is good, it has some thiamine in it ;)...Along with Probios..

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Temp was 102.1. Went ahead and gave probios and 6 cc's B complex. She seems fine today about attacked me for some raisins lol

·
Registered
30,581 Posts
That is a healthy rumen :D
Glad she is feeling better...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts