Doe not coming into heat

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by RunAround, Jan 18, 2009.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Where do you send it kelebek?

I am 95% sure she isn't preggy, but I figured if I let the vet test then I could get the lute from them.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I go through http://www.biotracking.com they are AWESOME! They run tests on Mon and Wed, with results given on Wed and Fri.

It is $7.50 for the test and about $5.00 for shipping.

You can also get the lute from http://www.vetserv-usa.com without an RX!!! it is about $60.00 though - so I would ask the vet how much he is going to charge for a single dose - might be in your interest to just buy the whole dang bottle and save yourself!

PS thanks for the letters - I received them on Friday!!! I OWE you!

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well the BoSe was $40 for a 100ml bottle. Blah!

I told the lady there that the preg test was much cheaper if I sent it out myself. I also asked if I could give them a copy of the results(if she is neg.) and we could go from there. She said that was fine.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  5. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

they wont just give you the lute???? absurd

6. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Haha, I was reading this on a ewbsite, and I thought.. hey.. Ashley might like to know this, so then I come on here and try to remember where I seen this.

Anyway, it applys to people, but you could look into the ingrediants and see if any might work for your goatie... :shrug:

Fertility Tonic

2 parts ho shou wu
    1 part astragalus root
    1 part dong quai root (substitute ginseng for men)
    2 parts false unicorn root
    3 parts wild yam root
    1 part vitex berries
    1 part squaw vine
    1 part cinnamon
    The tonic may be used in tincture (3/4 teaspoon daily), capsule (3 capsules twice per day), or tea (one cup three times per day) form. Use daily for up to 3 months. During this time, change your lifestyle to include plenty of exercise, rest, and above all, a healthy diet. Take a multivitamin every day, as well as bee pollen

Taken from http://www.naturalark.com/herbpreg.html

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ok, she's been given lute TWICE and has not gone into heat. :hair: :hair: :hair: :help: :help: :help:

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Infertile?? Would OMF replace her?

9. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    DOnt give up on her!! Ok seriously, I had two does doing the same thing, I just about sold the two. There was absolutly no signs on heat, I would take the buck to her everyday and tease her and nothing. SO I got pissed off and decided to just shove her in the buck pen ( yes with all 5 of my bucks) I figured she would get pregnant one way or another. Well come to find out that doe LOVED to be chaced around and snorted at lol. After 5 minutes of her kicking up her heels at the boys she finally stood for them and had a triplets 5 months later. Everytime I want to get these two does bred I have to leave them in there for a month straight to make sure she got tagged because her heats were so silent that ludalycing her dident help. It sounds to me just like the problem I had! dont give up on her!

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well I have been leaving her in with the buck in a stall and watching, but she just runs around screaming bloody murder and he looks at her like she is crazy. :shrug:

I am sure to replace her I would need to get vet proof of her being infertile and in the end it's just not worth it to me. I will most likely end up selling her to a pet home with a wether.

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ashley, I'm so sorry!

Was the lute given at 1 1/2 cc? It is odd that she didn't come into heat...usually works within 48 hours..though with some it can take up to 96 hours for a heat.

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yep, 1 1/2 cc. Should I try 2cc?

I watched her very carefully and she never came into heat. Put her and the buck together everyday. :scratch:

13. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Okay, this is going to be strange but I guess it's worth a try. Have you tried a different buck?? Just pulling at straws here. I just looked back at my old post and I'm sorry for not looking up those homeopatchics for you. I will go grab the book now. I want to say Sepia was one of the homeopathics but not sure, so will go and check. I guess it's worth a try.

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I've tried every buck I have at the barn right now. I even brought in a buck from my friends and she doesn't want him either.

15. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Shes a really picky doe.

16. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Tell me about it. :hair:

17. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well I am now putting her in with the buck during the day, ALL day, and then putting her in with the other juniors at night. I am also giving her red raspberry leaves. I'm up for trying anything right now.

I was actually debating throwing her in with all the bucks and leaving her for a month or so, but i decided it wasn't such a good idea. Half the bucks are already on the injured list and fighting over a girl is not something they need right now.

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Is there a way to put her and a buck together for some time? I have a doe that just would not show signs of heat - but I think that we finally got her - saw some goo - but no flagging at all and when I would turn a boy in there with her - she would be the crud out of him.

19. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, she is staying with Fudge during the day, and all she did the whole day was scream like crazy. I didn't think the neighbors would appreciate the screaming at night. :hair:

20. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    This is a young doe. I wouldn't panic yet. If you did see her having cycles it would seem very odd to me that she is having a problem that won't resolve itself next season. I've had ND does the same age that I saw in heat in fall/early winter and did not come back into heat after early Feb. This time of year heats can become either more silent or end altogether til late summer/early fall.
    If you can wait til next fall, I'm betting she'll be just fine.