Doe not coming into heat

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Blessed Boer's, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Blessed Boer's

Blessed Boer's Active Member

Nov 7, 2019
    Shawnee, Oklahoma
    Update... disappointing news.
    We took her to the vet today and she has a wall about an inch inside her vagina. Vet said she can’t put her finger any further in. Said we could take her to OSU for a $1500 scan and surgical intervention. Not going to happen.
    So now I have to figure out what to do with her. She is the most expensive goat in my property. I paid $1700 for her in February. I’m very upset and heartbroken about this.

2. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    Oh no, that is terrible news. Is she a freemartin or has she kidded in the past? If she is a freemartin maybe the breeder will refund your money and take her back.

I also have one whom I’ve had for a year and has had irregular heats. Thought for sure she was pregnant but it was a false pregnancy. Hoping she’s bred now as she’s my nicest doe, but I doubt it. Going to pull blood Thursday to send in to check.

MadHouse likes this.

3. Blessed Boer's

Blessed Boer's Active Member

Nov 7, 2019
    Shawnee, Oklahoma
    She has never kidded before but I just heard back from the breeder and she’s going to take her back and let me pick out another one. That a big relief.

MadHouse, goatblessings and CBPitts like this.
  4. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    That’s great she’s going to take her back! It’s still tough to lose that time and effort, but at least she’s standing behind her goats.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    What a shock for you, sorry that happened. :hug:

MadHouse likes this.