Doe peeing bloody urine

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Candy, May 31, 2009.

1. Candy

Candy New Member

My 2 1/2 year old doe, Kizzy, was out on the deck today and 'took a leak'. Her urine was noticably bloody. It had a rusty appearence. I never saw it before and was really concerned. She kidded 6 wks ago with twins. She's healthy, eyelids good & pink, temp 103.2, full of energy--nothing seems 'off' with her. What could this be?
    Candy :sun:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hmm I dont know -- but i would watch her pee and see if she does it again.

seems late for any cleaning out - but if she was in heat it could be a little residue clean out

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have never had the problem but someone around here did.
    First of all could she of eaten anything like Raspberries, Beet tops or anything to change her urine color?
    If she is not better I know these other people to a urine sample to the vet and she had Kidney stones. (after a Ultra Sound). I do not know what ever happened. I would sure watch her and keep a close eye on her temp. It is a little on the high side so any higher I would get her to the vet.

4. Candy

Candy New Member

I really do think this is in her urinary track and not from her vagina. She was out most of yesterday browsing. She could have been eating the leaves of wild raspberries. Can you give me a bit more info about the kidney stones that you know about.
    Candy :sun:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hmm....Candy I would like that info as well....It may be a sign of her first heat since kidding..the concentration of hormones may turn urine dark, I did notice this with Boots and Bink last year, very dark rusty urine that stained the ground, they were fine after that and the urine was back to normal.
    I am wondering if indeed she has a kidney stone if the apple cider vinegar treatment would helpdissolve them the way it does with bucks?

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I did a search and came up with this http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/loa ... 13524.html Copper toxicity can show as dark urine...and can be the liver releasing all the copper buildup into the bloodstream and then the kidneys, but the buildup can occur over many months and suddenly show the signs. I hope that Kizzy is better now.