Doe possibility? *pedigrees added*

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by Crissa, May 10, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm trying to decide if I really like this doe kid or not. She's ADGA registered, she doesn't look TERRIBLE to me, but she doesn't look fantastic either. (but of course it's not the greatest picture either) I asked for pictures of the dam and sire as well. But what do you guys think?

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Re: Doe possibility?

I think she is very nice looking, very long and level with good sharpness to her withers and she has a nice rear leg set. I wouldn't decide until I saw pics of hte dam and her pat. granddam.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

she is very pretty ..........I like her......... :love: :greengrin:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

nice doe - nice long neck, length and over all I like her.

5. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Nice looking, :greengrin: definitely look at dam and sire pics though.

6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

She looks pretty good. It's so hard to tell with furry kids that don't want to stand, though. Definitely wait to see what the dam and sire look like. Also, what's her pedigree?

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

I will definitely wait to see sire, dam, and sire's dam. I asked about the pedigree too Dover Farms, I'm just waiting on them to respond. :wink: Is it bad that one of the reasons I want her is her color? :oops: I've never seen one that color. (imagining breeding her to Orion, :drool: )

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

color is always a catcher. I bough mocca because of color hehe

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Good I'm not alone! lol I know it would be bad if it was the ONLY reason though. This doe kid just reminds me of an Appaloosa horse though.

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well I knew the breeder (Teresa) and I knew her animals but I hadnt even taken a look at her dam or her sire's dam ..... I did later but by then I was in love hehe

11. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

I like her ... seems to have a good strong back, reasonable legs, looong body, good head. GORGEOUS colour :greengrin:

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

lol, I agree Keren.

Stacey, when do you get her?

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

July 4th weekend

14. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ

Oh she's so pretty! I'd be tempted to buy her myself if I was a nubian girl.

15. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

There are things i like about her and things i dont like. The first thing i noticed are her nice long ears. She has good breed charecter. A nice long dairy neck blending into tight shoulders high withers and a deep brisket. Her over all length and depth of body are good. Her head is being held to high causing her chine to look dippy. Her legs are stretched too far foreward in front and too far back in the back. I would like to see a more level rump on her. She toes out quite a bit in both front and back. Did they send yu front and rear pictures of her? What about the sire and his dam? Or her dam?
    beth

16. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

I'm still waiting on all of that sparks879. :wink: Their friend is the one emailing me, so it takes a little while.

17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Wait! I got some pictures of the Sire and Dam. Not too crazy about her dam, but I like the buck. I asked if I could get front and rear pictures of them all. They're waiting on the pedigree.

18. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

I don't like her dam, but the sire seems to have improved over her in things like her topline and body length.

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

they both arent bad looking goats. I think if the dame was stretched out a bit more she would level out. But she could use more rear leg angulation. Sarah is right the sire seems to have passed on some of his traits.

20. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Yep, I agree. I like the sire's general look. I think if the dam were punched down a bit she'd look quite a bit better, but still not as nice as I was hoping. I just want to look at that darn pedigree! lol I really REALLY like this doe kid. She is in Texas though, but she's a great price so I'm hoping it works out!