The Goat Spot Forum banner

Doe pregnant 151 days with fever?

301 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  toth boer goats 
#1 ·
I have a first freshener 2yr old Alpine doe. She has been breathing rapidly today & I took her temp and it was 104.1. She is quite large so I am guessing she possibly is carrying triplets. However many, they are taking up lots of room so I thought that might account for some if the breathing fast. Her ligaments are mostly gone but I think I can still somewhat feel them but maybe she is in the early stages of labor. I was just wondering if I need to worry about that temp now. She shows no other symptoms. She's not snotty or coughing and has been having normal stool. She has been having some yellowish white discharge which I have assumed was/is her mucous plug. She is more vocal today and seems to be licking me more and smelling things so maybe she is in early labor. If that is the case I figure that can explain the breathing. So I guess my main question is about the temperature. Thanks

#3 ·
A shot of b complex won't hurt as a support but her temps not scary high but would retake often in case that changes. If it spikes..be ready with antibiotics. The weather changes can stress their system.

Best wishes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.