Doe Terms...

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by SouthernSky, Apr 1, 2008.

1. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    I am still learning all of this & I would eventually LOVE to start showing some of my Nigerians (once I learn more about conformation,etc). I am going to my first goat show :greengrin: in a couple weeks to watch how things are done in the ring.

What do these things mean exactly???
    attachments?
    esecuthon(SP)?

Any other important terms that I should know??? Are there any sites, etc. that any of you know about where i can learn some more about correct conformation, etc? Thanks everyone in advance for your help.

2. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    I have a guess as to what attachments mean - is that how the udder attaches to the body?

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Yes the area where teh udder attaches to the body is what is refered to as "attachments"

oh I had this great picture for the body parts of a goat but my bookmarks are not working. Will try again tomorrow

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
  5. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
    The esecuthon(sp) is the arch where the udder would attach on a doe. Same with a buck but no udder duh!
    I don't know how else to indicate it.

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Knowing the parts is a great way to get started, that way when you listening top the judge giving his/her reasons for placing a class you will know what they're talking about.
    beth