Doe that has a very sensitive throat.

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Feb 18, 2011.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

My herd Queen Jenny cant have a collar on her. Everytime I grab her collar to walk her she coughs so bad, she has no worms, nothing wrong, the vet said it may be a sensitive trachea?

Shes super healthy, but as soon as I touch her throat she cough, even if I grab the collar, and not push her at all she will cough, she has a super loose collar right now.

Im thinking about getting her a halter, but when I did, she was literly teased by the other goats, no im NOT joking LOL

Also, her halter came off, she KNOWS how to take it off. Should I just make sure she has a halter when she goes anywhere?

2. Springbett Farm

Springbett Farm Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Nebraska
    Like you said, just make sure you have a halter when you need one. Or how about a large dog harness?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Some are sensitive there...try to put the collar in another position ...

How does her throat feel... any lumps...? may have food lodged there?

A halter may be the solution ...the other goats will have to get over it...LOL :laugh:
    Don't leave it on her unattended....

4. TinyHoovesRanch

I was thinking a dog harness, but um shes like SUPER FAT haha so idk if any would fit

Pam, I felt all around her throat, and nothing, she loves when I scratch it, but this has been going on for a couple years, shes always been like this, I took her to the vet, and they said she seemed fine, and to just watch her.

She does cough when she inhales her food, but with the collar I can tell it hurts.

I tried at the very top of her throat, and she did it, when I go really low, its not too bad, but she still coughs.

Ya, I guess I could do a halter, she has a collar on right now, but only because she needs to have something incase the goats escaped haha

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hmm....well... if she has been that way and the vet looked her over...it is just the way she is ...and ...is normal for her.... or ...she is faking it ...just to get her way...LOL :laugh: :wink:

6. TinyHoovesRanch

Shes actually gotten better, a few days ago I had to drag her, she was being a PUNK, and she didnt cough too much.

I have always worried about it, so spending money on her was something I was ok with.

Just wanted to see if anyone had options haha guess I can get her a pretty little halter :p

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Maybe she is protesting and wants a collar with diamonds... :wink:

8. TinyHoovesRanch

Hmm......

You have a good point there, she has always been very spoiled, but her baby collar got too small for her, it was a cute little pink one, and now she has a dirty old one.

Guess I could buy her a really pretty collar hahahaha, but then she will just protest everytime she wants something new!

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California