Doe transfer

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by StaceyRosado, Oct 23, 2007.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I bought Sweet Pea back in August. The transfer paper says that. But I want to wait till January to do the transfer to save myself a little money.

If I transfer her now I am not a member so it costs more (just a little) so if I become a member it is cheeper but because I heard I would have to renue in January anyway I thought I would wait till then.

BUT I plan on breeding her on December. Will this cause a problem with the kids being give my herd name? I don't think so but I want to be sure.

She and the buck are AGS registered.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    With AGS if you register AFTER October 1st, you are good until December 2008. I registered on October 2nd, just for that reason. You can tuen in herd registration, member registration, and transfer all at the same time :)

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh cool then I better get on it!

Thanks

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I did mine by faxing the paperwork to them and then paypaled the money to them within 5 minutes of the fax. I was registered and had my membership package within 5 days!

They are wonderful there!

I would definately do that prior to breeding! That way since you have the doe, you can have your ranch name on the kids~

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I do believe that as long as the date of transfer is before breeding the kids get my name but I want to know confirmation on that.

I guess I need to try and contact AGS to see what they say.