Doe W/ Blood Tinged Discharge???

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by flyindranch, Jan 4, 2011.

1. flyindranch

flyindranch New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Dunlap, TN
    I went out this morning before work to check my girls and I noticed that my doe Angel had a goo off her vulva. No biggie, coming back in heat.. Then I looked closer. Is that BLOOD I see? Well Angel is a rather PRIVATE goat.. So on the milk stand she goes, and I get a look.. Pull some off and it is blood tinged.. I see NO bloody fluid discharge.. So I tell NON GOAT hubby to watch her today.. I get home from work and jump into my coveralls to check Angel and this is what I found...

[​IMG]

What in the heck could this be? I have gotten SO MANY different oppions.. Miscarrage, normal stuff... I am sure this is NOT normal... :help:

Steph

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Could she have a cut on her tail area or vulva?

3. flyindranch

flyindranch New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Dunlap, TN
    No cuts no scrapes no abrassions NOTHING...

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi Steph. A few questions so that I may be able to pinpoint any issues.
    How long has it been since she was last with a buck?
    When did she kid last?
    When was her last heat?
    Does she have diarrhea?

5. flyindranch

flyindranch New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Dunlap, TN
    Ok she was put with my buck in Early Nov. and has been with him since. She kid Im THINKING a year ago. I bought her early spring. The last heat I NOTICED was early Nov. And I KNOW my buck bred her, saw the evidence on her hiney.. LOL No diarrhea, normal pellets...

6. flyindranch

flyindranch New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Dunlap, TN
    Why do my post need to be approved by a mod?

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well...no diarrhea, no cuts...kidded last year AND last heat noticed in early November, bred then and with buck since tells me that he mounted her again when she wasn't willing or she resorbed any developing pregnancy from the breeding 2 months ago and is back in heat.

Personally, I leash breed my does...buck is on the lead, does the deed and goes back to his pen, I keep bucks/does separate....Bucks tend to harass does even when they aren't in heat because they are in rut, if she did settle, those beginning pregnancy hormones confuse the boys and they will chase that doe again..regardless of wether she wants him or not.

Your posts are being monitered and approved because you are a new member...this is for the security and safety of the members of the forum,to be sure that there are no issues with spam or colorful posts. This is just til we get to know you and you hit 25 posts.

8. flyindranch

flyindranch New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Dunlap, TN
    This is my bucks 1st rut. I havent SEEN him mount her and he hasnt acted like he is still in rut, doesnt mean he hasnt and isnt. I have been trying to work more to get bills paid.. Could that be my problem.. Maybe I should put him back in my buck pen to see if it goes away..

9. flyindranch

flyindranch New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Dunlap, TN
    Thanks Liz for explaining.. LOL Its getting on my nerves..

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sure!

Yes, separate them and see if she shows normal signs of heat in the next month. If she settled with the breeding in November you should see kids early to mid April.

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Liz.... :thumb:

12. flyindranch

flyindranch New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Dunlap, TN
    It was coming from her bottom, but its stopped completely.. Not sure what the cause was, but its completely gone now..