Doe wagging her tongue at me

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by kannm, Feb 22, 2011.

1. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Hi everyone. My Nubian doe who is due in about 8 days (or a little more) is acting like a buck. She is wagging her tongue and waving her front foot in the air at me. She tries to dominate me. She also mounted her mom today.

Her bag is not ready yet and she has her ligs. Her vulva is very swollen and a tiny bit open - from being swollen. Does that sound like 8 days away or are we on doe watch?

2. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    That sounds like she will wait until her due date. Sometimes they get hormonal. One of mine is due in a week and she has been periodically acting bucky towards the other girls over the last couple of weeks. Sometimes they will go before their bag is tight or as full as it could be. However, I have never had one go without losing ligs first.

3. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Thank you for your reply. It is good to know she will likely wait. She is a strange goat.

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The day my FF delivered she was acting bucky towards my little Heidi..really bucky and she delivered on 145. For almost a week straight she acted bucky before she delivered. It's hormones.

5. quakingcanopy

quakingcanopy New Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Agreed :thumbup: hormones, and totally normal! Kinda funny too :laugh: