Doe with a cough

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by liz, Mar 17, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Binky has had a cough for a week now, she is the only one with it. Seems dry and hacky like she inhaled hay dust. I don't normally treat with antibiotics unless I absolutely feel the need to. What do you think? She was wormed the beginning of January with Ivomect as well as the others. I am using her milk so I would rather not have to give her something that would cause a milk dump?????
  2. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    if she dosen't have a temp,rinny nose or eyes & is eating good & drinking plenty of water i would let her be. i have had a few of mine cough this past weak & it is the change in weather

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Eyes are clear and bright has had a runny nose but then again they all get a clear wetness around their noses due to the cold other than that they've been fine...I think I had panicked when I read a post on "lung worm" and the coughing got me wandering too far :shrug:
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    its your call.

Depends how long she has been coughing, what type of cough if it is a serious issue OR if it is just something she does.

I know you don't want to throw out the milk if you worm BUT you could just freeze it for if you have to bottle feed next year.

We would just throw out the milk for a week when we were using the milk. I don't know what the recomended time really is :shrug: