Doe with discharge

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Goober, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Goober

Goober New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    My bigger goat had some vaginal discharge this afternoon, I am not sure why. She may or may not be bred, if bred, anywhere from less than 80 days to ??? I don't think she is in heat, because she is not attempting to visit the goats next door through the fence (not even going within 100 ft. of the shared fenceline, two bucks who are enamored with her on the other side). It was thick, white, sticky and gooey. Like axle grease thick. Mostly got stuck to her tail. She hasn't shown much sign of being bred, other than not seeming to have come in heat (got her in July - 12th I believe...) Belly maybe slightly bigger, no udder development or anything. What is it?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    quite a number of possiblities -- she is loosing her plug (if due within the next month or so) she is in heat or the beginning stages of heat, she is just letting go of some extra semen from breeding.

Either way -- its nothing to be worried about

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My preggy does from time to time will have a pasty white discharge...as long as she is normal and it doesn't turn bloody or rusty looking she'll be fine.

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Yep...white = plug and they can loose it at anytime in their pregnancy. ;)