The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning and saw that my doe had the runs. Gave her pepto and gatoraid. Can't take her off her feed since she is still nursing. What else can I do?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's not due for a dewormer till the 1st of July but I was going to worm her tomorrow with a pour on dewormer. Just gave her some more pepto ....just worried she has always been healthy and she has a 2 week old she is nursing.

·
14,615 Posts
Which pour on are you speaking of?
I'd get a fecal run on her to be sure what parasite you are dealing with so you can hit her with the appropriate stuff.
Not all wormers take care of all worms.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She has been on the same feed; Noble Goat; since I received her as a spring doe 2 years ago....at a loss.

·
Registered
29,931 Posts
How is she other wise? alert, producing enough milk? eating drinking peeing, chewing a cud??
I always give C D Antitoxin to any goat with pudding poop or worse..I would also give probiotics

Is she getting extra graze? wet graze? any kiddos loving her with treats??. worms and Cocci are very opportunistic...how long since she kidded? Was she wored after she kidded...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Up this morning wormed all the goats, checked on Daisy; doe with runs; and its back to normal pellets ....yahoo! :)

·
Registered
29,931 Posts
Very very good news...:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts