The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe has had diarrhea for awhile now. She did have a fever so I treated her with antibiotics as well. She has been wormed and I have been giving her electrolytes, pepto, yogurt, beer. Nothing seems to help. I dont really know what else to do. Her condition has improved alot but she still has the runs. Help please

·
Fair-Haven
4,923 Posts
You need to run a fecal for her (poop sample). Not all wormers target the problem. You will have an ongoing issue if she does have worms or cocci and it is not addressed with the appropriate wormer. Also , what are you feeding? Has she been on lush pasture recently? I would get rid of everything for now and feed hay only with probiotics and some b-complex. What antibiotics did you use? Dose and frequency?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I treated her with la200 for 5 days 6cc each day per her weight. I also treated her for Coccideosis. Will try and get a fecal sample done. I treated her with valbazen and ivomec as well.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,192 Posts
What color is her scours? Lots of fresh green around, many are seeing messy buns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.