The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
merryoaks
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10 month old doeling spruce will not eat more than a couple bites of grain even when offered it free choice. Some of my goats will only eat certain kinds of food but i have offered her BOSS, Calf-manna, Blue seal brand, Southern states brand, and Southern States sweet feed. She is offered alfalfa hay and eats that she is not apparently sick, not anemic regularly wormed and a very happy bouncy doe. Any ideas what might be wrong or what might encourage her to eat?
Meg

·
merryoaks
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there some reason that she needs to gain weight? If she is in proper condition and eats plenty of hay, that should be fine. Especially if the hay is alfalfa.
She is the young doe that i want to breed this year but that only weighs 60lbs. She seems in O.K condition but we would like her to put on some weight.

·
merryoaks
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You say regularly wormed but have you actually had a fecal to include coccidia done?
No I didn't get one done yet. I guess that would stunt growth and reduce her appetite. I will try to have one done next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.