The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had this problem last year, i think.
i have a doe who had triplets, her two wethers went at 8-9 weeks so that leaves one doeling.
i started taking the doe out of the kid pen during the day then returning her at night. i end up milking one side to keep her even. well the doeling has scours. she is a chuby little girl.
she is due for her toltrazuril prevention tomorrow. do you think its coccidia too or just too much milk? im not sure if i should just wean her off of mom to get her dried up? she has slowed her milk production since im only milking enough to relive pressure. but still producing more then the doeling needs. the doeling has no problem eating hay,grain and drinking water.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay so looked it up she is 9 weeks one day old so her brothers were weaned at 8 weeks. so it hasnt been very long but doe had to go from feeding triplets to one with me only milking the side the doeling doesnt drink so she doesnt get lopsided(went from a few cups to only 1/3 of a cup or so to relieve pressure). i thought it would help by only having her dam for half the day but maybe not? i cant hand milk very often so im kind of stuck. was hoping to afford a milk machine but looks like i will have to wait another year since they are so expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts