The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small herd of 3 Nigerian Dwarves. My 4.5 month old doeling has some kind of scabs inbetween her udder and legs. None of the other have it. I can run my hand up there and there are a lot of little scabs where maybe something has been biting her. No other scabs on her. Any help is super appreciated.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,506 Posts
Photos would be lovely!!

It is likely mites, treatment would be ivermectin pour on down the topline and NuStock applied to affected areas.

NuStock is good for almost any skin problem.

Could also be gnats, I’ve had tiny little scabs on my goats from those - but less likely than mites.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Photos would be lovely!!

It is likely mites, treatment would be ivermectin pour on down the topline and NuStock applied to affected areas.

NuStock is good for almost any skin problem.

Could also be gnats, I've had tiny little scabs on my goats from those - but less likely than mites.
Sorry to bug ya! I had started with Nu Stock but the mites have spread. So with the ivermectin Pour on down the top line...is there a different dosage for goats or do I use the cattle instructions for amount per pound? Also I read in tennesseemeatgoats.com to inject ivermectin and do a sulphur dip at the same time??? Pour on sounds easier but looking for suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts