The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doeling that I think is about 6-7 months old. There are three 2 months old bucklings I'm the same pen as she is. Ive seen one trying to breed her but she would simply run off figures he was to young so I haven't separated them out. Three days ago I noticed she looked down not wanting to eat much. One of the bucklings has runny poop so I figured maybe she was coming down w something. Day after I saw her trying to squat to lee but no pee.late that day i notice a messy tail andinflamed and red vulva. Today the vulva is still a little red but shes eating again. Could it be her first heat? When does it happen? Or could it be that's shes bred by a 2 month old? Thoughts..

·
730 Posts
Messy tail as in how? If just clear fluid id say it was heat. Was she flagging?(wagging her tail a lot) Was she bleating, or abnormally louder than normal when you noticed the messy back end? If shes not bred already, she WILL BE SOON if you don't get her away from those billys. Id advise a "planned" breeding so youll know around when shes due to kid. This way you can be there for her if she needs any help with delivery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts