Doeling needs to be put down

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Victoria, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Any ideas what it is??
    A lady that contacted me about this three week old doeling. She is trying so hard to get her to turn around.

She cannot walk yet, without help. Needs somone with time and patience. She crawls and stands but needs help and therapy to get her back legs bent. She is a Boar - Mini Lamancha cross. White and Peach colored. One of Triplets, Female. Very Loveable. I am not for certain if it is White Muscle Disease. I thought it was selenium deficiency, so I gave her BOSE after the weekend when I could get some on that Monday after she was born. I have given her Vitamin A that I break open a human pill. She seemed to be impoving but I let a friend take care of her for 2 nights and she didn't get her nightly walks and seems to not want to stand as much. She may have laid with her legs extended backwards in the womb since that is how she laid since birth. I keep trying to rebend them under her and stretching the muscles and tendons which she does not like much. I got her up on her front legs and she started crawling all over the house. =) She is so cute.

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Does she have feeling in her rear legs? When you pinch between the hoof does she try and pull her leg away from the pain? Really sounds like either an injury or deformity to her lower back or hips. It will take time and patience if one is willing to give the therapy needed, but there is the chance that she may not walk ever...sadly, if that is something that one is not willing to do, the best thing for the baby would be to let her run over the Rainbow Bridge.

3. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Well, I am gonna give it a go, but she won't be here till Sunday...
    I am planning on bose .25 daily, and see what else she may need.

4. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    careful -- not too much BoSe -- don't want her to get toxic. HOpefully, with good nutrition and some therapy, she'll come around....

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Sorry to hear about this little doeling but I would NOT give her anymore BoSe.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I strongly agree... giving BO-se like that ...can do more harm ...then good...it is very strong stuff..... :hug: