The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yesterday evening I noticed my mini nubian doeling has a lump under both eyes. They are on both sides same distance below the eye and same distance from nose. They don't feel soft. She doesn't pull away or anything when I was checking them out. I have no clue what to do know. She is eating playing etc. I have some pictures hopefully that helps. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
how long have you had her? how old is she? it is a possible a possible cl spot, but seems very uniform on both sides. probably should get the vet to check /test it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She was born on our farm in April. I did have the vet do the tests to make sure everyone was clean. I don't know if that matters with CL. I sure hope she is okay. She is our only doeling born this year. Her dam was our precious doe and she died 4 days after giving birth. Needles to say miss Annabelle is a little spoiled

·
Super Moderator
58,871 Posts
If they are still there, check inside her mouth. You will have to go back a bit but not down her throat.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lumps are still there but are a quarter of the size. They have definitely gone down in size. I wasn't able to feel anything in her mouth.

·
Super Moderator
58,871 Posts
You can usually feel when there is food stuck in there. You would be able to "pick" it out. I'm still thinking either food or maybe salivary gland. An abscess wouldn't blow up like that and then go down without bursting and having pus coming out somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts