The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
65,410 Posts
They can go down in production when in heat. They can also go down in production when it is hotter than normal for your area. My girl went down in production when we had that couple weeks of 90+ temps which is very unusual for Ohio.

I'm also seeing some really good things with using Replamin Plus for my girls. I have been giving it to them every other week. Even with the minerals and kelp and good hay and good feed and properly wormed/copper bolused/BoSe, they are still looking even better with the Replamin.

· Super Moderator
65,410 Posts
I don't know. My girl hasn't come back up in production yet.

I got the Replamin Plus at PBS Livetock. It is a 300cc tube and you have to order the gun to go with it. The gun has a way to give just 5g or 10g or 15g along with larger doses.

· Super Moderator
65,410 Posts
True, but how about the manganese? It has that in it and my hay is grown in soil with high levels of manganese which inhibits copper absorption.(along with my hard water :( ) I wonder if it'd be too much...

Also, i don't know if you (Karen)were referring to the high temps or from heat...Heidi made it through the high temps fine and it's been cool for almost a week now, so I would think it was from her being in heat? If so, should her production come right back up?
As far as the replamin, you would have to figure out if that would work for your farm. It is working for me. Every farm is different though.

I did mean both. I can't remember, is she an FF?

· Super Moderator
65,410 Posts
My girl's production has not come back up since our heat wave but she is an FF so I'm thinking that could be a part of my problem. I honestly don't know how long it could take to come back up, I would think there is the possibility of it not coming back up. You may have to do extra things to get it back up like milk 3 times a day. Give herbs that help up production.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.