The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a doe with an ok size udder. Seems pretty full and tight, but I noticed today the teats are muchwider like they are filling in as well. How close to kidding may this occur? Not sure if she's a ff

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just went to check on her. She bit off a chunk of hair right over her tail end where the ligs are now completely gone. In pain? Dilating? here's no discharge though. Its getting late. Should I stay up with her.? You think shell deliver tonight?

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Was she making any grunting notices? Was she stretching, and laying down and getting up again? I personally would observe her for a half hour, and then keep checking periodically throughout the night.... :) Hoping for kiddos soon.. I have one that is due soon in about a week and a half, so I'll be in your shoes soon...

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Sounds like she's okay for now... If you are a worry wort like me I have been known to wake up every few hours, head down to the barn... Best wishes, I'll be checking this thread first thing... So exciting:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had my neighbor keep an eye out during the day. Got home and nothing yet. Her udder is tight but not shiny. It is hairy though so its hard to tell. Her belly is low and no ligs still. Still no discharge.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put up the heat lamp about 2 hrs ago. Hopefully I don't burn the house down or their pen. :-o its an extension cord from the house to the pen, through a crack near the ceiling. I secured the lamp. And put it as high as I could , which is 1.5 or 2 ft above her head and horns. Hopefully that's not too low. I put it towards the middle so she can't stand on the wall and hit it. If she free stands though shell definitely reach it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I just went to go spy on her. Her belly is grumbling like crazy and there's a lot of movement.I can almost fully go around 5-6 inches of the tail portion of the spine. She nips at her sides and arches her rear up every once in awhile. Then goes back to munching on hay. Would those be contractions? I guess I've never seen them. Both of the does that have kidded here had no discharge or contractions beforehand. Just 30 min I'm out there and they're fine and next the kid on the floor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts