The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I git this from Hoegger because I thought I needed to change out my working medicine.
I've used it couple times, and it seemed to to the job, so I got lot of it. But I don't know what kinds of worms it works on, and I was hoping someone else who uses it could tell me how effective it is.

I'm sorry if th picture is upside down; I don't know how to fix it, maybe someone could help me out there? Lol. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also meant to say that we might go get feccals done today, and I need to know if I should pick up some ivermectin or something while we're there, if this one is iffy.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll bump again for you. I have no idea about this stuff but I'm sure someone on here must. If not, I bet if you messaged Hoegger, they would get back to you with more information.
Thanks for the bump. :)
Yeah, I was thinking I'd just do that.... but I just thought I'd try here first- seeing as there are so many goat people on here from all over, I thought I'd have a few nibbles, hehe. Guess it's not that popular; that tells me something right there!

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those interested - I called Hoegger today, and they said that this is a very effective wormer, and they've had many good reviews on it. You can visit their Facebook page to learn more, she said. (I don't do Facebook, so IDK where to find it. :) ) just don't want anyone put off of it for any reason. Oh, and I've used it a few times already, and it worked great! :)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd be interested in your fecal results. I haven't used this wormer, but I've heard mixed reviews about herbal wormers as a whole. I'd love a more natural approach to keeping goats parasite free, but I just haven't made the jump yet.
Well, I didn't do one beforehand, so I don't know which kinds of worms they had, but the fecal done afterwards was completely clean, except one doe, which had ONE worm egg, I believe. So I guess it works pretty well. :)

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Have a friend who uses it. When he told his vet he was using it, the vet told him they dont work and he needed to do a fecal to see how badly they were infested. Well the vet got back to him after he sent the fecals in and said "All you animals are clean, so just keep doing what you're doing" :) Would love to use it ourselves but still trying to get past the cost of it and how to best use it on 100+ goats in a dozen different pens...

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have a friend who uses it. When he told his vet he was using it, the vet told him they dont work and he needed to do a fecal to see how badly they were infested. Well the vet got back to him after he sent the fecals in and said "All you animals are clean, so just keep doing what you're doing" :) Would love to use it ourselves but still trying to get past the cost of it and how to best use it on 100+ goats in a dozen different pens...
Haha, thats great! :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts