Does anyone else Zumba?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by mistyblue, Jun 3, 2010.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I started a Zumba class on Tuesday and have to say I loved it. Although I really thought I was going to pass out about half way through the class. :worried: I go for my second class tonight and will join the Rec Center so I can go every Tues and Thurs.

I am not very cordinated, so I thought for sure that I was going to make a fool of myself but once the class get started you just do not have time to pay attention to anyone but the instructor.

It has got to be one of the most intense workouts that I have ever done and it was just fun enought to not feel like you were working out, well except for all the sweat running down my face.

Here is a class off of Youtube - they have numerous ones so I just picked one:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cask8RPk7j0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cask8RPk ... re=related[/ame]

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That looks like fun. I sure need some exercise like that.

3. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I haven't tried that yet, but I love belly dancing! It's a blast! Of course I do the videos as we don't have a class around. :sigh: We are joining the YMCA this month, so I'll see what kind of classes they have. I know they have water arobics and spinning but don't know about the rest.

Gina

4. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    The classes are a blast, and our instructor makes sure that it is fun as well. I weighed and measured before I started the class and I am going to wait a month and do it again, just to see if I have lost anything.

Maybe they will have the classes at the YMCA for you. If you love belly dancing you should like this as it also incorporates it into the class.

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    that looks like soo much fun.. but i can tell it'd be a killer workout o_O

I'll have to try it out

6. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I went to a few classes with my sister-then she decided to not go anymore so we haven't been back since. It was fun-gave me something different to do in my exercise program. Of course I haven't been waliking like I should be lately.

7. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    That is awesome! I'd never heard of it until now!