The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love to hunt and love eating wild game..we stock the freezer with deer meat every year, and now I am running out of it.
I am starting to get excited for dove season in September, (the breasts are excellent wrapped in bacon and grilled) and fall archery season for deer in October.
So who hunts? What's your favorite thing to hunt and how do you like to cook it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is emilieanne, lol but i hunt ever year:)

Only shot two does though:/ one with a .243 and one a 30-06 i think I'll stick with the 30-06.
Wanna start huntin turkey. I think im gunna have my brother take me:) i know how just no one to go with.
I always hunt in South Carolina or West Virginia though!!:)
I usually eat venison bites or make beef jerky and the turkey, well we put cracker boy on it and some other stuff. Its AMAZING!!:)

Again this is EmilieAnne:)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the 30-06 too! It's not bad recoil at all and just right for deer.
I shoot a compound bow too. a Hoyt Vicxen. Of course I had to name my first goat after that bow. Lol
Where in WV do you hunt? My dad leases a cabin there and I usually go with him every year for rifle season. It's in Monongalea county.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I shoot a compound bow too. a Hoyt Vicxen. Of course I had to name my first goat after that bow. Lol
Thats awesome!! Hey, why wasnt that in my "wackiest goat name" thread??(; lol
I had a Mathews for a short while til some dumb guy stole it:(
It wasnt anything fancy because i was gunna use it for turkey & bow fishin.
-emilieanne

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Now you got me determined to get me another Mathews.
My cousin actually won 1st in the state with one of those old time bows for the state of florida:)
Dunno why I didn't include that.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a Hoyt Kobalt before I got my Vicxen bow. It was tiny and cute and easy to carry in the woods and lift into a tree stand. :) had a short axle to axle length
Look on Craigslist and you might find a good deal on a nice used bow.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I had a Hoyt Kobalt before I got my Vicxen bow. It was tiny and cute and easy to carry in the woods and lift into a tree stand. :) had a short axle to axle length
Look on Craigslist and you might find a good deal on a nice used bow.
I probably will for my Christmas present (from me to me) lol. After the start of my kidding season so I can make some $$. Thanks for te good idea:)
Love my kids- pm me!! Lol & alright ill come visit, and bring you my kids!!!!(;

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
I wish I could hunt!! I would love it. With a bow, especially.
We have family friends who have a large property with a huge amount of feral goats. :D

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Where in WV do you hunt? My dad leases a cabin there and I usually go with him every year for rifle season. It's in Monongalea county.
I love my 243 and hate my 30-06. But might be because the 243 is old and made well and the 30-06 is very new. Any how I did hunt before I had kids and goats lol. My husband still hunts just got deer and bear tags....hope he doesn't get a bear I don't think I want to eat bear. But as for me its just coyotes.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I was raised a hunter. Rifle hunted till I was 18 and then went strictly archery. Just love the close encounters. Elk hunting for big bulls is my passion. I placed 2nd in the RMEF World calling contest 5 years ago. Called in and shot my last 6x6 bull at less than a foot away. I literally had to step backwards to swig my bow aim at the vitals. LOL! Talk about a rush!

I also enjoy mule deer, antelope, bear, and cougar hunting. Filled my once in a life time big horn sheep tag 15 years ago and hoping to draw a mnt Goat tag one of these years.

I could go on for days about hunting and experiences I've had. Love it! Live it!

My husband thinks I'm a nut. Haha! Usually the other way around, right? :)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I was raised a hunter. Rifle hunted till I was 18 and then went strictly archery. Just love the close encounters. Elk hunting for big bulls is my passion. I placed 2nd in the RMEF World calling contest 5 years ago. Called in and shot my last 6x6 bull at less than a foot away. I literally had to step backwards to swig my bow aim at the vitals. LOL! Talk about a rush!

I also enjoy mule deer, antelope, bear, and cougar hunting. Filled my once in a life time big horn sheep tag 15 years ago and hoping to draw a mnt Goat tag one of these years.

I could go on for days about hunting and experiences I've had. Love it! Live it!

My husband thinks I'm a nut. Haha! Usually the other way around, right? :)
It is, but hey, it's alright!:)
That's awesome!! OMG. I'm so jealous!!!:D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts