The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a young doe about a month ago. Last week I started to notice black spots on her lips, nose, eyelids, and her ears. I'm not absolutely sure if they were already there when I bought her, but they're obviously there now. I was wondering if anyone knows if these are normal markings for these goats or if it's some sort of sickness and if I should be concerned. I currently have her separated from my other goats just in case. Please let me know if you know anything about this... Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, I'm not absolutely sure. I think her mom is Alpine, I don't know what her dad is. I never saw him. Is it normal to be around the eyes, mouth, and ears too?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Actually that looks like regular markings to me. Are the bumpy? They are not supposed to be bumpy. Mine have them even my sheep.. I could be wrong but if it's not bumpy then I don't think you need to worry.

·
Registered
30,673 Posts
Yep normal freckles...My saanen have the same thing..the longer they are exposed to sun the more they seem to get....:D even their udders are full of freckles..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts