The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so some of you know we lost Gizmo from Cocci and a couple other parasites. A few hourse before he passed I got a fecal sample into the vet. These were the results and what the vet recommended. I know that I can find the Ivermectin, but am having problems locating Albon? Can in only be prescribed by the vet? I am trying to treat the rest of my herd for Cocci so none of them contract it just in case they came in contact with him.

·
Registered
31,515 Posts
You can also order Baycox from horseprerace.com...it works great and it is one to 2 doses...1 cc per 5#..

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
I agree with what's been said. If you find they are resistant to cocci wormers (I've seen this a few times this year) you may have to try an herbal route, which worms cannot (as far as we know) grow resistant to. Fir Meadow's GI Soother is a coccidia treatment. You give double dose every 15 minutes for an hour, then hourly until they are on the upswing. Once they are on the upswing, you can go to every 2 or 3 hours. It is recommended you then continue to give them a normal dose 3 times a day for 3 days after everything's back to normal. It has worked for me. Best of luck with your babies, and I am SO sorry for your loss!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts