The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, obviously I know it expires - the tube I was able to get from our vet is labeled as expiring January 2017. But there is a massive shortage of ToMorrow right now. It is on manufacturer backorder and not even distributers can get it.

I've got a first freshener who has been struggling with mastitis on one side. It recurred three times. The bacteria causing it couldn't be identified via culture, but we were finally able to clear it up with ToDay and it hasn't recurred now for a week. Vet wants us to use ToMorrow when we dry her off, which we were hoping to do within this next week, so it's either this single expired tube that they had on hand or it's nothing. Doe is likely 1.5 weeks pregnant, which we'll be able to confirm on November 7th. What would you do?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I used expired ToDay one time, and felt that it was not as effective. It is essentially the same as ToMorrow, so I would think that the same might apply in your situation.
You might ask the vet if there is another dry treatment that would work.
You could also call around to any dairies in your area and see if they might have a couple tubes of ToMorrow they'd be willing to sell you.
I actually ordered a whole box of ToMorrow a few months ago, as that was the only way I could get it. If all else fails, I could mail you some. If that would be helpful, just pm me.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
I've used expired mastitis treatment several times in the past. It's hard to come by around here, so it usually expires before the feed store can sell it. My feed guy will give it to me free instead of throwing it away because I use it for a lot of things besides mastitis. I have only had 1 case of mastitis in my herd in the almost 40 years I've had them, and that was this spring with black bag mastitis (there was no blue about it, it turned black) . I used the expired treatment (2015 expiration date!) and it worked. I mostly use it for deep wounds.

Reactions: toth boer goats
1 - 4 of 4 Posts