The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Well, if she is bawling and wagging her tale a lot, humping other does.... Also if you take a buck rag to her and she has all those signs then she's in heat. What kind of goat? There are seasonal breeders and then there is year around breeders.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I believe they are all year breeders. If she is bawling wagging her tail a lot then my guess would be that she's in heat. Do you have a buck or a buck rag?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Oh, when I had my buck in with my does, I couldn't tell unless he was humping one of them. Chances are if you leave them together for a month or two she will take. Does he smell "Bucky"? That is also a good indication that he is in rut, and ready to breed. Is he also boar?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks ... He was jumping her today and she had semen running down her legs an stuff so I pretty sure she got bred today:) .... Which means her due date is December 25!!!! CHRISTMAS!!!!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Wow, how long are your does pregnant?! 150 days from now would be Dec. 19th ;) But hey, she may just decide to hold out until Christmas, knowing these crazy does!

She probably did get bred today. Does tend to be more vocal, flag their tails, flirt with and stand for the buck, pee more often, and have discharge when they are in heat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts