The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,205 Posts
Moonspots are just colorful spots (markings) on a goat... Here's a pic of a goat with brown moonspots...hope this helps a little!

Edited: Picture wouldn't come up...go to this website... http://members.cox.net/foxcroft/genetics.htm tells a little bit about coat color and shows a pic of a moonspotted goat.

·
Premium Member
15,205 Posts
I doubt she can have a copper deficiency at that age. I don't have very much experience with that so maybe someone else can help...but I'd highly doubt it.

If her sire has moonspots then I betcha she has moonspots too! If you could clip her we could get a better idea and if you find a pic of the sire would be helpful also.

I think those are moonspots!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yeah, I remember reading that on her website before. It makes sense because the kid(s) get whatever momma has and if she doesn't have something they need, then it'll show up. Yeah, that makes sense. Besides a funny colored coat, is there another sign of copper deficiency? I heard somewhere a bald tip on their tail???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.