The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my alpine doeling that WAS NOT supposed to be bred yet, however my sneaky little ND buck manage to dig his way under the fence and I caught him mounting her, as I was running out there to separate them... IF he managed to breed her, and IF she was in heat and caught, she would be due on December 20th. So I'm just curious what people think... I'm beginning to think she is bred :(

image-2555977584.jpg

image-2391197746.jpg

image-2296519612.jpg

image-700821701.jpg

image-265600146.jpg

Attachments

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I MIGHT have seen some movement on her right side, it's kind of hard to tell(she summered pretty well lol)

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you blame her? :lol: FWIW, I'm thinking she's bred.
Hahaha not at all!! I feel bad creeping around trying to get pictures of their hineys lol. I think she is too :( I just hope she delivers ok! Fortunately she is alpine and the buck that is responsible is a registered ND. And he is tiny, so if she is carrying a single I'm hoping it will be more ND sized instead of alpine sized... Fingers crossed!

Here's the culprit!
image-1928512674.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Looks like she is pregnant, or in heat. Has she been in heat at all since the buck got in?

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have not noticed any signs of heat since the day the sneaky buck got in there... And she was loud and flagging. Plus it has been a well over week that her "area" has been noticeably different than the other maiden goats I have.

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I got a really good look at her back side this afternoon, I'm pretty sure she is pregnant. I also think I might have seen some movement on her right side.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
She sounds pregnant!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I say pregnant..

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well Oreo's udder and teats are starting swell a little. I felt today and she is at about a handful, so I'm pretty certain she is pregnant :( I got her "maternity pen" set up today outside our insulated shed that I can heat for her. I will move her in a couple weeks. I just REALLY hope she does ok being so young...

image-2925115303.jpg

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts