The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeking advise please...on Saturday I placed a new doe in with my lactating does and they faught...My lactating doe's one teat is now sore-there is no swelling or blood,but her one teat seems a bit warm and she does not want to stand still when I milk her-lifting the leg next to the teat that is sore...-what can I do or use?

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
are you sure it's from the fight and not from mastitis? what about the rest of the udder? feel warmer than usual?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rest of the udder is fine...don't think it is mastitis.She was VERY upset with this new doe in her surroundings and she is normally such a gentle goat-didn't know she had it in her to be so bitchy (sorry but best word to explain her behaviour).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another thing that I must mention is that I weaned her babies also on Saturday...is there a specific test for mastitis?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all,I kept a close eye on her-it was not mastitis-she is now fine and her milk tastes delicious...

·
2,203 Posts
Watch for purple teat, followed by a blister, followed by peeling. Start putting udder balm on her at the end of milking. Make sure she lets her milk down and keep the pressure off her. Actually increasing milking, say 3-4x a day until better.

Mix up:
Udder balm or coconut oil
Vitamin E gel tablet (just the gel)
Nolvasan sanitizing solution (helps dry and kill bacteria)

Keep a close eye on the teat end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts