The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just purchased two does who either need only 1 or 2 more championship legs to be finished. I would like to have the opportunity to finish them but I’m not really into showing. I showed beef cows before and I never really liked it. I tried to look it up on ADGA’s website but didn’t see anything, so would I have to be the one to show my goats or could someone else show them for me?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've just purchased two does who either need only 1 or 2 more championship legs to be finished. I would like to have the opportunity to finish them but I'm not really into showing. I showed beef cows before and I never really liked it. I tried to look it up on ADGA's website but didn't see anything, so would I have to be the one to show my goats or could someone else show them for me?
No, it does not have to be the same person. You would need to be at the show to show the check in person the goat's registration papers and as the owner you would need to sign the report of awards if they did win a leg. But you could absolutely have someone else show them in the ring. Frequently, when people have multiple goats in one age division/class they ask other people at the show to show one of their goats. I did it plenty of times and would sometimes go to shows just to help with that. If you know you're going to need help all you have to do is ask when you check in and they will find someone for you.

And I may be biased, but I think showing goats would be a whole lot easier than beef cattle! I don't know of anything as laid back and fun as showing goats! Maybe you will be able to try it some day!;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
For the paperwork, if you are not at the show you can have an “agent” sign.

I agree though, you should try your hand at showing. You may really enjoy it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts