Does Wanted

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by Sunrise, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    I am looking to buy some does to breed to my FB Boer buck. Any breed will do as long as they are heathy and sound. Must be in southen Idaho. Email me if you have anything! Thanks!

2. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    There's a gal down in that area-I think Blackfoot- she has Boer goats-used to have dairy goats-but now I think she only has Boers. Her name is Lauri Camphouse. Not sure on how to contact her though.

3. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    Thank you I will try to find her. I'm having trouble fining good goats for sale right now.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What type are you wanting? Are you wanting dairy or meat? I live in Harrison about 20 miles outside of Coeur d'Alene - but head south every once in a while.

I have Boer/Saanen and Boer/Nigerians. Are you looking to milk or use for meat or as pets? I might be able to help you locate something :)

Allison

5. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    I'm looking for milk and meat does to cross back on my FB. reg. buck. I have seen the Boer/Saanen cross and like them. I want to produce goats for seedstock, meat and show. I don't want anything small. Thanks for your help. I've been having trouble finding GOOD goats to buy at a good price. Only place is the sale...and I don't want to get anything from their!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Here is what I have for my meat/dairy larger goats -

does -
    5 year old 50/50 Saanen/Boer
    1 1/2 year old 28/75 Saanen/Boer
    50/50 Boer/Nigerian (coming the end of this month)

buck -
    7 1/2 month old boer/spanish 90/10

But here is the issue -

My boer/saanens were bred to a LARGE Nigerian because my buckling doesn't understand the whole thing yet - LOL! SOOOO in September the saanen/boer/nigerians will be born and these I am going to use for meat. The nigerina/boer doeling that I am getting will be bred next year for meat, but all will be bred by the boer after this year! Hopefully - LOL!

I am trying the boer/Nigerian because I talked to alot of people and they are really liking this x because the meat is sweeter and they have the milk production of a dairy but with the amount of the bigger goats. I am wanting to use this girl as a milker also. She is short but VERY stalky. I think I am going to really like her.

Let me know if you would like babies from any of these. They are all CAE neg and I would totally work with you and get them to you for a fair price.... that is just how I do things!!

Allison

7. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    That sounds good. Let me know when the time gets closer.